A RECIPE FOR THE LAST DAY OF SUMMER?


Popsicles, of course!  There are so many ways to enjoy this sweet treat well into fall - pumpkin cinnamon anyone?  We just had a week at the beach and I wanted to give my kids something special but not a lot of sugar. So we took a VERY simple idea and had a treat every day. Each morning I made a different flavor smoothie and froze it in little paper cups. I just stuck a straw in the smoothie, slid it in the freezer, and went to play until lunch. When I got to tell the kids we were having popsicles for lunch, they were ecstatic! 

Simple time-saving tricks like this helped my family stay healthy all week. Well, almost all week. The last one I created was for my dad and I - banana rum.  Hey we were on vacation, right?  For more LifeFitness4U healthy recipes, click here!